By Marie Foy
28 March 2006
The shine has been taken off a glitzy gala ball at Belfast City Hall after thieves made off with a stack of goodies.
Blue Peter presenter Zoe Salmon presented the glamorous event on Saturday night as part of the stylish Belfast Fashion Week.
The closing gala was held to raise funds for charities ArtWave, Cinemagic and Aids 2000.
But when the organisers returned to clear up on Sunday after the show, they discovered a number of items had disappeared from backstage.
The haul included:
• Two hampers of Benefit make-up from Debenhams, worth £150 each;
• A pair of Hugo Boss shoes from Carter;
• A pair of Prada shades from Jonathan Keys opticians;
• A pair of check black and white court shoes from Dune;
• A pair of gold earrings;
• Flowers for the Lady Mayoress and show presenter Zoe Salmon.
One of the organisers, fashion PR consultant Cathy Martin, is hoping that CCTV cameras on the premises will reveal where the items went.
"We have had a tremendous week and were overwhelmed by its success this year. We are really pleased with how the whole event went but this has burst our bubble a bit and disappointed us. We thought that the items were secure.
"It would be lovely if anyone who may have taken any of the items by mistake could return them."
Cathy can be contacted by phoning 028 9043 1728.
Come on shoelover, help Cathy out!